Wednesday 31 October 2007

Novice web design hell


Lovely autumnal woods here in Glen Nevis right now. I took this shot from my living room window!

I’ve not been posting here for a wee bit because I’ve been on a work mission, 16/17hours a day since I got back from my lecture tour in front of the screen trying to build Claire’s new website for her new business that we’ll be launching shortly (more on that very soon).

Although I’ve built my own sites up into much bigger animals than they were when they started out, at least I had a basic site to start with. This time it’s my first effort building a site from scratch. I’m getting there, but with much abuse of caffeine, less than perfect mood state and depressing loss of fitness.

Apologies if you’ve tried to get in touch with me over the past few days, I’ll get round to replying to all my messages shortly.

From my little perch behind my laptop I saw the first ‘proper’ snows of the autumn hit the Ben yesterday which lifted my spirits. Thankfully, a climbing trip is impending, although I’ll have my work cut out to gain my fitness back…

5 comments:

  1. If you've got any specific questions re: web sites/programming then just shout .. I'm a software developer by trade so can probably help (or at least point you in the right direction).

    For a newbee sometimes just being able to ask someone for help can save hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a look at the Velvet site, looks good, very good. Also linked over to the Chocolate one, wow, stunning presentation, but bet it cost a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in the Glen? Wow - you must have developed an amazing resistance to the midge! (.. continued from previous comment that failed to post correctly)

    ReplyDelete