Sunday 1 August 2010

Week of progress



The past week has been a frantic effort to catch up on everything before I head back to Harris for round two with the Sron and the Atlantic low pressures. I have trained, mostly after midnight. I have amassed large quantities of research material for my injuries book to add to the already large pile. At least the ‘read’ pile is larger than the ‘unread’! Among other things I have visited family, built a bathroom, oh yeah, and trained some more.
Right now I’m about 95% of my best bouldering strength, which is good news since I haven't been bouldering for months and generally been wobbling about on big mountain crags or dangling about on Sron Uladail in the rain. I’m feeling close to a wee ‘performance peak’ right now. I have that feeling of of everything in my body working as it should, responding to the training and I’m moving with good confidence and momentum.
All that’s needed is an opportunity to unleash this on a Scottish rock project. Always the rate-limiting step. The forecast for next week’s trip to the Sron is dire once again. I’m preying for at least one day of rest from the north-westerlies so I can get the big rope rigged and get a look at the ever-dry lower half of the wall.

5 comments:

  1. why train in the wee small hours ? is this more beneficial or just when you can fit it in ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not by choice! Just when I've been finishing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " ...have that feeling of of everything in my body working as it should"

    except typing! oh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Train first (when fresh), then work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New shoes?! Suits you sir...

    Keep up the great blog!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete