Monday 9 November 2015

Climbing Coaching workshops at the MacLeod wall, FWMF 2016


Sunday boarding from Dave MacLeod on Vimeo.

When I designed and built my climbing wall last year, I had two purposes in mind:

1. To get ridiculously strong.

2. To coach other climbers there, in a nice environment with everything I’d want to be able to give good coaching.

I was too busy writing Make or Break last year to start offering coaching again, and this year has been rather taken up with recovering from surgery and then going on climbing trips to make up for the lost time.

But finally I’m excited to say I have my first MacLeod wall climbing coaching sessions arranged. I’ll be running them over three days of the Fort William Mountain Festival in February 2016. I’ll run two days of sessions on rock climbing technique and one day focused on dry tooling/winter climbing technique. The content is aimed at any climbing ability level and there will be up to 6 climbers in each session so you can come with friends and partners as folk often do. In the video and pics you can get a taste of the wall.

Afterwards I hope you’ll join me at the excellent Fort William Mountain Festival for speakers and films which are always totally inspiring. All the workshop (and festival) details are on the festival site here. Best book a place soon, they do tend to sell out.


4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, how steep is your board? Looks brilliant btw, something like that wouldn't go a miss in Galloway...

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm interested in the climbing sessions your running for the FWMF, but wanted to know a little more about what you had planned for the sessions. Such as whether it's a more general look at techniques e.g. flagging or using momentum. Or whether it's going to be more tailored to the individual participants weaknesses and how to train to reduce them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fletch - My boards are vertical, 15 degrees and 45 degrees.

    Nathan - Only spaces left on the Friday sessions now. The sessions are flexible depending on the climbers attending. I sometimes start off with general points, especially since many climbers errors/weaknesses are the same, and progress to looking at specific weaknesses as we work on moves and climbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the song called? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete